So, last week hubby bought me this:
I finally got to set it up yesterday.
I didn't really expect so many parts. Working from the parts list, everything was present.
I didn't bother to put on the plastic cover yet. It needs to be staked down first or it will blow over.
I think it took me about an hour, seems sturdy enough, it is lightweight, but its easy to move. Staking will make up for the weight. I wouldn't call it flimsy, but its not a brick house by any means!
Now for the seedlings.
The goji are coming up nicely
Nasturtiums, basil, borage, schizandra and Ancient sweet peppers.
The basil came up quickly and the Ancient pepper seeds must have been extremely fresh because all three seeds are up faster than any pepper seeds i have ever grown. No signs of sprouting from the schizandra though.
More have come up since i took this picture on Saturday. Looks like all but one pot sprouted in the last couple days. I expect that last one will come up soon.
Aunt Molly's ground cherries and broccoli. The bubbles brussels sprouts never came up. I'll reuse the pots with some more nasturtium seeds.
The leonotis isn't coming up, but the tea hibiscus are. The green shiso is up, but the red is not. Then the red Russian kale, 2 out of 3 appeared.
Zsazsa peppers, Snapper peppers and Raveena eggplant. One Zsazsa pepper came up eventually, then the other two began to come up...but they haven't moved a bit since. One single parsley came up.
Lilac buds are swelling:
The maples are beginning to bloom.
Apple tree's buds are starting to get bigger. Elderberries are waking up, i noticed the cherry plants are looking like they are waking up too. The seabuckthorn are putting out some tiny leaves. I pruned the Stanley plum a little yesterday and released him from his stake.
I'll take more and better pics when i don't have to keep one eye trained on an active 4-year-old child! lol