Thursday, April 5, 2012

Nomal weather again

Woke up to snow this  morning,  just a dusting that was soon gone.  The ground is warm enough so it didn't stick really.  The temps were above freezing anyhow.  I doubt it hurt much in the way of plants.

The maples are flowering as of Sunday,  my elderberries were also showing buds. I have one unnamed one that i got a year before the Nova and York that seems to die to the ground each year...  not  sure if i will keep it  if that is the way things are going to be. It takes longer to start than the others; barely berried last year and had tiny fruit.  I don't want to kill it,  but if its not going to produce it won't be part of my landscape.  I don't have enough room to waste.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

I thought I'd lost 2 newly planted elders last fall, so I ordered 2 more. When they came and I went to plant them, I discovered that the others were still alive. Between all those and the bigger ones I planted 2 years ago, I hope I'm on my way to a nice elderberry hedge.