Friday, June 3, 2011

Nursery and planting

Went to the local greenhouse/nursery. I bought 6 different types

Pac Man broccoli
Early Dividend broccoli
Blue Wind broccoli
Cheddar cauliflower
some red cabbage i forgot the name of
and green cabbage who's name i already forgot. Rockhead or something.

i pounded in the sockets for the hoops and installed the hoops- i'm hoping the row cover will protect my veggies from both woodchucks and feral children.

its too windy out now to put the cover on by myself.  My oldest daughter is keeping an eye on my littlest while she sleeps.

i did get the apple tree sprayed though.

About 70% of what i had seeded last month did not come up. I don't know if it was the seeds or the weather, if something munched the seeds or the tiny sprouts....  but i used last year's plant labels so i won't accidentally weed out what did come up, then just planted the nursery seedlings in the gaps.  There were enough gaps to put all 6 containers of at least 8 plants each.
i didn't even bother to map what i planted, i just plunked it in.

No comments: